Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Floored!

As I mentioned last week, I am extremely happy with the wood floors, but there were some problems. One of the most scary for me was the gap in the wooden slats at the bottom of the stairs:
I was concerned on how we could possibly fix this. Most of our other floor problems would be fixed by refinishing, but you can't just refinish an inch gap in the flooring.


While carefully cleaning all of the wood floors last week, I noticed a small scratch near the steps that didn't line up for this piece of wood. I thought hopefully that maybe, just maybe, this would be as simple as getting under the stairs and simply sliding that bit of wood over. Luckily, Chris agreed and gave it a try and tah-dah:
That little piece just slid right over, back into place. Phew! I am glad that is one problem around here that was easy to fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment