Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More Wooden Floors!

So yesterday was all about the love for the wooden floors. Let me remind you how wonderful they look with yet another picture:
So fantastic! But this picture does bring up two of the small issues that pulling up the floors did bring. First of which are some small dark patches, which we guess are a result of the last dog that lived here. These don't really bother us and will just hang around. I figure they will become less noticeable when the room is full of stuff. The second issues is that the baseboards that I thought I completed last week, are not, in fact, completed:
I will need to go back and sand off the old carpet still stuck to them and repaint the bottom of the baseboards. It also appears that the molding was added after the carpet was installed as there is a small gap between the molding and the carpet. This is another problem that doesn't really bother us and would require a lot of work to fix, so we are keeping the gap. I figure that once everything is painted up, I will just keep visitors away from laying on the floor and all will be well. We also haven't quite finished pulling up the carpet:
It still remains (along with my painter's tape....whoops!) on the upper part of the steps and the second floor hallway. It is likely that we will be taking this out soon, but we haven't decided for sure. This photo also shows off one of the floors trouble spots, the steps. I am not quite sure why, but there is a small gap in the flooring on the landing:
Not a huge deal, but it is now on the project list for the future. There was also some water damage on the steps that is more noticeable now the the carpet is gone:
Luckily, most of this damage is underneath the railings which were moved to take out the carpet. Not to mention that they floors still need to be cleaned and waxed (we have the stuff...I just haven't quite got around to it yet...this week, I swear). Either way, these are small issues that really won't stand out once everything is painted, polished, and the railings are put back in. We got very lucky with the condition of the floors and I am sooooo pleased that there is less red carpet in the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment