Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Flowers of a Different Color

So I previously posted about how excited I was about the hydrangea in the front yard. My mother mentioned that she didn't really see the blue in the last picture. They slowly turned more blue and I wanted to share an updated shot that really shows off the blue flowers:
Another reason for this post is that I noticed that there are actually two hydrangea plants growing very closely to each other. Additionally, the second one must have slightly different soil conditions or is a different variety because it has molted purple blooms:
They are rather striking next to the blue blooms, but they were quite a surprise. More on stuff going on inside the house later this week, but we had a busy weekend because Shelly came to visit! As those of us on the East Coast know, it was super hot this weekend and it was great to have her over to enjoy the pool and beat the heat.  

2 comments:

  1. although im glad that shelly got to visit, that does not help entertain me at work. lol i was hoping for an epic blog post to make my case of the mondays go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry!! I definitely did distract Lindsay all weekend. And I can't promise that it wont happen again. I'm a terrible influence =P
    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete