Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baseboard Finishing Touches

Yay for finishing a project (again). So I thought I had finished painting the baseboards in the Living Room, but that was before Chris pulled up the carpet. So a job that was 'finished,' sadly wasn't:
And here is a shot of the one corner that shows it in a larger scale:
Yea, I know when I do things they won't be perfect, but this wasn't even close the clean, polished, and finished look I was going for. So, using a putty knife I scraped off all the remaining carpet (both the red, and a green shag that must have come before that) and tried to make the baseboards as smooth as possible. Next came the paint:
Let the oohs and ahhs commence. Okay...so it isn't that impressive, but it is done. You can still see a bit of the unevenness of having multiple layers of paint but in some zoomed out after shots it isn't that noticeable:
And for completeness:
That is much closer to the polished and finished look that I was going for. So *knock on wood* this is one project that is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment