Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Herb Garden: Part 1

So before we found the house, I had big plans for a veggie garden. I had even printed out plans for a 6x6 "All-American" Garden from BHG. But, as we all know, it is now June. We moved in early May and then I have been really busy. Too busy, in fact, to start this garden and now it really is too late. But I have simply shelved those plans for next spring and I am now focused on my kitchen herb garden. I have picked out the six types of herbs I want:
The live plant is sweet mint. The home depot was out of mint from seed and the seeds I had from last year did not start, so I decided it was worth the 3 extra dollars to buy the started plant from that one. The ones that I am going to try from seed are basil, cilantro, rosemary, oregano, and parsley. I also picked up containers from Ikea during that epic trip:
I was pleasantly surprised to find that these containers already had drainage. I bought one large container for the basil and five smaller ones for the other herbs. So then I planted them:
Now I wait. I am going to left them start in the sunroom before I move them to their final growing place, but that is a surprise and as I have to wait for herbs to grow so do you. 

1 comment:

  1. this is on my list of things to do for the new house. i love herb gardens :)

    ReplyDelete