Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Have You Seen this Tree?

So when I posted those pictures of Chris putting up the flags, I noticed just how over-grown the front yard was. Just as a reminder, here is the 'before' picture:
And here is the 'after' picture:
It is looking a little shaggy. These pictures don't show it but there are also several medium sized trees that are growing under the large trees. Here is a picture of some small Japanese Maples growing near the front bushes:
There was no question. These little guys needed to come out. They were not really viable where they were growing anyway, and I needed to start somewhere with the jungle in the front yard. So I dug them up:
I felt bad just chucking them, so I planned to treenap them over state lines to deliver them to my mother. I had visions of extracting a 'root ball' with lots of soil, but I learned that our soil is a bit too sandy to do so. So I sadly got less roots than expected and next to no dirt.  In that picture above, they just seem like little trees, but there was some much larger trees:
I carefully wrapped the roots in potting soil and plastic bags:
Now for the hard part. I needed to put all these trees into my small red chevy:
Chris has no idea the level of crazy that he lives with. Luckily, 1 part engineer + 1 part crazy = Mission Accomplished:
This is the last known photo of the trees. They are thought to have been treenapped to western Pennsylvania by a small build Caucasian woman and a sausage shaped brown dog and are suspected to be hiding in my mother's backyard. 

1 comment:

  1. i didnt really notice it being less shaggy (sorry). i did notice that the tree changed colors from pink to green. haha

    ReplyDelete