Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 2: We Paint!

So after all of that prep work, which really took longer than a day and was very lame, we were ready to paint. This was not without its challenges. One of which included the very tall space above the stairs:
Even with a ladder and a 5 foot extention pole, I was very pleased to have my dad here to lend me his few extra inches. I guess I have teased you long enough. Here are some of the picture of the Hallway/Foyer/Living/Dining Room space all painted in Muffiny-goodness. Here is the space as above, but now with paint:
Next, the whole hallway:
And the foyer:
And the Dining Room:
And lastly, the Living Room:
Pay no attention to the unpainted wall on the left...you will hear more about that later. Now that whole walls are painted, the color looks much less 1970's yellow. I like how it looks with the dark molding:
And the black railings:
My only complaint at this point with the color is that it really brings out the red carpet...which makes me feel a bit like I'm in a Mickey D's. Hopefully removing the carpets moves further up on the list. Now we aren't quite finished with these rooms, I'm only part of the way through painting the trim and doors, but I didn't want to keep you waiting too much longer for the reveal. 

1 comment:

  1. i like that color. i was really expecting muffin to be more brown, but it does look nice. brightens up the space for sure!

    and you really did post exactly at 9am. lol

    ReplyDelete