Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Pleasant Surprises!

So I was away this past week and Chris was left to his own devices. So while he did survive the week, he wasn't able to resist making some drastic changes while I was away: Pulling up the red carpet in the Living Room. Here was my first glimpse when I walked into the house:
I must say this makes the Muffin color on the walls look way better. Here is a shot of the room facing the front of the house:
And now a shot facing the back of the house:
And now the floor is ready for its close up:
I love the thin oak panels and I am extremely pleased with the work done so far.  


Chris did a really good job and has earned his right to be left unattended in the future. I was pretty surprised given his speeches on how it isn't a good idea to pull the carpet up at this time in case the floor underneath needed to be replaced. I asked him what made him change his mind. He said he didn't, but that he was curious about the condition of the floor, so he started to pull the carpet up. Then apparently at a point, he thought he had gone too far and would just pull it all up. Regardless of why he did it, I'm glad he did. The living room looks much better now. This post is just about the love for the wood floors...more about the work still involved later. 

2 comments:

  1. i totally called it! lol i think what this really means is that you need to go outta town to visit me more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would also like to see a picture of these floors next to the accent wall

    ReplyDelete