Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ode to Ikea

Oh, Ikea, how do I count the ways that I love thee...okay, maybe that is a bit much, but I do really enjoy Ikea. I'd like to think that my style is Mid-Century Modern (think Frank Lloyd Wright and West Elm), but that is really yet to be determined because right now my style is cheap...oh and Ikea, my fair one, is cheap. We ventured out last weekend so I could buy my bookshelves (desperately needed, but more on that later) and found so many things I didn't know I needed. I won't share them all, but here are a few of my favorite things that I came home with:
So these definitely weren't on my list. But they are really cute and cheaper than Old Navy's flip-flops at just under 2 dollars. I've only worn them for a bit, so I can't attest to their durability or long term comfort, but still....they are sooo silly. But now to more practical matters:
Before Ikea, this was just a pile of lids, which were awful to dig through, but now, after Ikea, they are all nicely organized and kept off the cabinet floor. (Yes, for those who are asking, that is carpet...I am not sure what they were thinking, but yea...). The pegs are on a set of cross beams which can be expanded or shrunk to fit any lid size (or plates, or skillets, or...maybe I need more than one). I also picked up some cheap jars to hold items for the bathroom (flossers, q-tips, cotton balls), but that isn't very exciting, so I will spare you the pictures. I am a sucker for the Ikea plants and for orchids. She doesn't have a name yet, but I think she might be Swedish:

 And look, Lucy already approves. She will live happily on my desk, once I get that together. There is more stuff, but trying to keep up the mystery.

1 comment:

  1. I was gonna suggests you get a lid rack for your cabinets. Always one step ahead of me. lol PS I love those flip flops. I feel like I need a pair...

    ReplyDelete