Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Shower Curtain Disappointment

So the bathroom in the upstairs hallway is by far the biggest and happened to get the best of the late 1960's colors for bathrooms. It is blue, while the master is yellow, and the downstairs bathroom is pink. In true 1960's style, the toilet, tub, toilet paper holder and soap holders are all color coded. The blue bathroom is currently spared having a small sink as it was replaced before we moved in:
Oh, did I mention it has wallpaper...lots of it...lots of dark, dark wall paper, even on the ceiling. The last owner was kind enough to leave us the matching shower and window curtains. I am not quite up for peeling this wall paper yet and thought that switching the curtain to something a bit lighter would quickly give the room a lighter feel. I did some searching for shower curtains to complement the powder blue fixtures and found this:
Splash Home, Grey / Aqua, Vinyl DNA Shower Curtain, 70" x 72"
I was super excited because, yes folks, that is DNA electrophoresis patterns. I thought it would be perfect with the coloring and it wasn't terribly priced so I ordered it from Amazon. I was sooo disappointed. The actual product looked like this:


It wasn't the 'frosted' look that the picture made me think, but rather very clear. It was also much thinner than I expected. Wah Wah. Needless to say it is going back and I am still on the hunt for the perfect shower curtain. Feel free to leave suggestions (hopefully with links) in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment