Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Guest Bedroom Color Reveal

So I posted a few days ago about the Guest Bedroom Color Debate that Chris and I were having regarding the green I wanted to paint it. As I mentioned before, this led to a lengthy discussion at the Home Depot and a test swatch of Desert Cactus by Behr:
Well, we had another lengthy discussion about how we aren't likely to pick out guest bedroom furniture for a while, how much of a pain it is going to be to remove the cork wall from the office, and how pale green isn't necessarily a bedroom only color...and decided that I would use this room as my office for a bit until the aforementioned issues are resolved. This further cemented me getting my way and now the room is painted in Peridot by Behr:
The room isn't quite finished (and not even closed to cleaned) as I am planning to finish out the trim tonight. I much prefer this color to the green the Desert Cactus. This is more calming and honestly, feminine (don't tell Chris). Now on to the next color test swatch for the connected foyer/hallway/dining/living room space, called Camel:
I was thinking this with an accent wall in the same color as the Master Bedroom. Still thinking as it is a huge space with dark wood molding and light hardwood floors. Open to opinions. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the minty green color! (Although, I am partial to all shades of green. lol) And I like the camel color a lot...very neutral and will match anything (and leaves lots of options for decorating!). I think it could be fun to paint the living room area a different color because that is sectioned off more. Personally, I just like lots of colors and more paint rather than one shade through an entire downstairs. lol if it were me, I'd do the living room a different complimenting color and maybe the sunroom (assuming there is a distinguishing separation wall)...it wouldn’t be a lot of wall color because its all windows, but i think the touch of color trimming the windows could be nice!

    Have you decided on what youre doing with the panal fireplace room? Because you could leave it or paint it...and even paint it a different color since that room is very closed off in comparision to the open layout of the rest of the downstairs.

    ReplyDelete