Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Painting the Ceiling in the Guest Bedroom

Eh...maybe I am losing steam already, but it has taken me two days to paint the ceiling in the first guest bedroom (formerly, the red room). Just to remind everyone of what it used to look like:
Sorry it is blurry, but this is the photo from the listing when we bought the house...complete with the previous owner's furniture. 

Chris's parents were kind enough to remove the red wall paper in this room, so for the past week it has looked something like this (thanks again, Jenna):

This picture also does a really nice job of showing off my drop cloth taping abilities, which sadly are not long lasting. It also shows the small strip of ceiling paint that Jenna added over a week ago (the shiny, clean looking spot). 

So finally, here is a nice shot of the ceiling, painted in semi-gloss white rather than the flat off-white:
So taking these photos at night doesn't really do them justice, but you finish when you finish. Also I am a bit jealous of Jenna's high perspective...I will simply have to put the camera above my head next time. :-)

1 comment: