Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

May Flowers!

So a couple of days ago, I whined about the Virginia Creepers that are well...creeping. So I wanted to that this post to share two of the nice plants that are not 'creeping' but living peacefully. Both of these were pleasant surprises as I didn't notice them when we closed, or moved in, or really until a few days ago when they started to bloom. The first are these lovely Day Lilies that are growing in a shady spot by the back fence:


Aren't they darling? I didn't think that day lilies would grow in that spot, but I am very pleased with the little pop of color they add. 


The second surprise flower (and my personal favs - don't tell the lilies) was a Peony bush that was hiding in the dense ground cover in the front yard:
Almost as to thank me for (partially) freeing it from the torment of the Creepers it has decided to send up huge blooms that smell wonderful. They are actually so big that they are starting to fall over, but I think that is part of the Peony charm - like clumsy elephants. 


The best part about both of these lovelies is that they are perennials, which means that I can enjoy them year after year after year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment