Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Brass Lion, that Funky Lion

Okay, I guess there is a reason they picked a monkey rather than a lion, but I'm pretty charmed with our brass lion. The first thing that Chris and I noticed about this house that ensured us it was going to be a winner, was the brass door knocker:
Although it is not something that I would have picked out (right?), I really enjoy the charm and character that it brings to the front door. It is a statement maker even before you meet anyone who lives here. Unlike the knocker though, the door knob and the locks had seen better days (not to mention, we needed to change the locks anyway):
 Well, Chris made quick work of this and now we have new locks in brass to complement the lion:
So shiny and new! Okay, so the locks aren't that impressive, but they were a good reason to share the awesomeness of the lion door knocker. Mission Accomplished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment