Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guest Bedroom Color Debate

So today I am wiping down the guest bedroom walls to prepare for painting. So while this is an important task, it does not make for a very interesting blog post. So in lieu of an update on that, I have decided to share our color debate. 


Picking out the Master Bedroom color was deceptively easy. I wanted a grey blue and Chris was game. Next comes the guest bedroom. I had mentioned to Chris that I wanted to paint it green and he didn't protest, but...then we get to the home depot on Tuesday night and low and behold we can't agree on anything.


So I had a really pale green in mind. Something that would look good with medium toned wood and plant themed decor. Chris thought all the colors I picked out were "too light for a bedroom" or he was unsure if he wanted a "whole room that color", but he was more than up for painting every room in the house a different hue of blue. 


Well, after some debate, he let me walk home with a tester size of a color Behr calls Desert Cactus...but even I am willing to admit it looks more like mint or pistachio ice cream than a cactus. You got a small glimpse of it yesterday in the ceiling pictures but here is a close up in the daylight:
I'll admit, its a bit greener than I had in mind, but I kind of like it. Chris has given up and resigned himself to saying, "it's fine, do whatever you want"...dun dun dun. So with all of this freedom, what do you think, go green or with something else? 

1 comment:

  1. i feel like your paint debate sounds oh so familiar. i generally always win that battle in my house ;) but i do like the green!

    ReplyDelete