Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Meet Meyer and Mandy

So the best room in this house is, without a doubt, the sunroom off the kitchen:
It looks out on the pool and makes the kitchen extremely bright. Even before we moved in I spoke with our Realtor, Rose, about how I wanted to have a Meyer Lemon Tree growing in there, since it gets really good sun year round and I have a gardener's crush on the little guys. Well this past weekend at the HD, I saw one, reasonably priced and had an impulse buy. Meet Meyer:

He is a little guy, but the tag assures me that he will bear fruit (later this year, closer to December), which I am looking forward to. Until then he will happily live outside on the deck until he 'winters' in the sunroom. Well, also on his display at HD were drawf mandarin oranges....well, I couldn't resist, so meet Mandy:

I hope they will thrive in the sunny conditions and give the sunroom a summery feel even in winter. Plus, I think dwarf plants and fruit are simply too cute. Now I am just looking for matching planters, in bright yellow and orange, or course.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you named your plants already. lol Once you find planters that are the shape you like, you can totally just spray paint them the colors you desire. to avoid looking cheaply done, I would look for either a textured pot, or you can spray a base coat with a texturized paint. I think it would kinda cute if you found a way to paint them a bright orange and yellow first and then were able to do an overcoat of another paint that shows the colors through it (kinda like a crackle nail polish effect) that way they can be colored appropriately but not super obnoxiously bright.

    ReplyDelete