Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

White Coat Ceremony

Friday marked my first day as a real medical student and the end of orientation week. It finished with the White Coat Ceremony, where all of the new medical students were awarded their white coats. Here is a picture of the dean starting the ceremony:
Each student is called up on stage and 'coated' by a dean or other faculty member. Here is a picture of me being 'coated':
And officially 'coated':
This event has been foretold as one of the most memorable of our medical school experience and I was lucky enough to share it with my mother:
And photographer, Chris:
This post contains both good and bad news. The good news is that I am officially a medical student now, but the bad news is that in order to provide more time for my studies, there will now be 3 posts a week rather than 5. I hope everyone understands and checks back on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Onward to my studies!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can handle the lack of posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays. lol Good luck and I will be contacting you about dates to visit in the near future to attempt to coordinate with your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!! Such cute pictures-I'm so proud :) you're like a real person now! So when can you start diagnosing me?
    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete