Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Remembering Vacations in Our Decorations

Chris and I have gotten the chance to go some really cool places. We also happen to collect trinkets from the places we visit. I am always looking for cool - yet classy ways to display these items around the home. I was extremely excited to do this with a set of three display boxes I got at Kirkland's for only 15 dollars:
They are hanging up in the foyer on the wall that you see immediately upon entering. I picked that spot because it such an empty wall and it is unlikely that we will put any furniture in there any time soon. Makes the place feel lived in as soon as you walk in, which is nice in my opinion. Now for some close ups:
In the largest of the three boxes, we put a painting and some figurines that we got while in Jamaica. This is my favorite of the three boxes because it adds a lot of color to the corner. Now for the two smaller boxes:
These two are lacking in color and that is something that I am hoping to change. The top box has a photo from a waterfall climb in Jamaica and a glass ornament that we got eating at a fancy restaurant at Columbus Circle (Chris won the meal for free and it was amazing). The smallest box contains a shell and a glass bottle that we found while snorkeling in Bermuda. I tried to balance each box with one tall item and one short item so they looked unified. The other thing that I really like about these boxes is that if I get bored with the items in the boxes, I can always switch them. 

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE these! ive been thinking about going out to buy some of these for myself for the new place. the ones in my bathroom have souvenirs from places that ppl brought me...including the starfish you got me from the beach one year (and maybe you brought me the turtle in a bottle too? lol)

    ReplyDelete