Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hung!

So we have been living here for just about three months, and I am a bit embarrassed to admit that we haven't really hung any of the pictures we have up. Well, Chris was in a hanging stuff up mood and we have some new additions to the walls. First off, is this framed mirror that I picked up at Kirkland's for only 15 dollars:
Right now it is on the dining room wall. I like it there, but as we get furniture for that room, it might move. He also hung up a painting that we had from our  Jersey City apartment:
Sorry for the awful glare on that one, but all my no-flash pictures came out blurry. Basically, it is a story oceanscape that we hung between the bathroom and smaller closet in the Master Bedroom. The colors in the picture are shockingly similar to the "winter lake" color on the walls. We didn't plan it, but I like it. Hopefully we can find a dresser or some other storage for below it. Next, we move to the Office, which got spoiled:
A picture and frame that we picked up from Ikea back when we moved into our Jersey City apartment now graces the wall above the piano. I really like the continuation of the nature/forest theme that this room has going on and This makes the room feel more complete. Also in the office went up my white board:
Right now it is covered with a diagram of protein synthesis initiation, so I opted for the picture with the love note from Chris. It is hung on the otherwise empty wall opposite the piano. It might not be the most attractive thing to hang on the wall, but it is sure getting some use. These four things were only the tip of the iceberg of items we need to hang...but Chris' picture hanging interest waned, and I am more than pleased that these items got put up. 

1 comment:

  1. The difference between you and I: you made it 3 months without pictures on the wall. I hung things up the night I moved in. haha I can't handle empty walls.

    I'm beyond excited to see you in a few weeks and to see all this progress in action :)

    ReplyDelete