Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Color for the Family Room

So I am still in the exciting process of taping off, lining, and priming the wood paneling in the Family Room. Woo! But seriously, I need some motivation for finishing these tasks, so we did some test squares! After my happiness at the color in the Guest Bedroom, Chris decided to take the lead on this one:
Well, the boy knows what he likes. The top color on the far left is the color in the Guest Bedroom, Sea Life. The top panel on the middle one is the first contender  Gem Turquoise. The second contender is the second from the top on the right panel, Jamaican Sea (New Dream Job: Making up paint color names...just saying). I said I wanted something bright and cheerful for this otherwise dark room, Chris wanted a bluer version of what is in the Guest Bedroom. So here we are:
The Gem Turquoise (greener, slightly lighter) is on the left and the Jamaican Sea (bluer, slightly darker) is on the right. They only look slightly more different in real life. I am still concerned about the boldness of this color (as I was in the Guest Bedroom), but Chris is still caught in the throws of 'I told you so' about the boldness of the Guest Bedroom - So I am gonna trust him on this one. We are leaning towards the bluer of the two - Jamaican Sea. Let me know what you guys think in the comments. I love hearing from you.

2 comments:

  1. I like them both, but I think I would choose the bluer of the two. I don't think you'll have a hard time decorating with that color at all! That seems to be the accent color in so many things recently. But I think a bright color will look very nice with your dark wood in that room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one on the right best too! But I think they'd both be great-can't wait to see in person once the wood paneling is all painted over!
    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete