Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Heavy Duty Shelf Lining

The previous owners of this house loved their wallpaper. I mean really loved their wallpaper. So much so that they lined the kitchen cabinets with it:
Relining the cabinets has been on my to-do list for a while. I decided to at least start tackling this and take on the glasses cabinet. Luckily, the wallpaper was not tightly adhered as I feared and it didn't take long to get it to the 'raw' state:
So while I was lucky on that count, I was rather unlucky that the self-adhesive contact paper that we picked out for the job wasn't up for sticking to the particle board. But have no fear, Harbor Freight has moved into the neighborhood. For those of you who don't know, Harbor Freight is the dollar store of tools. Everything is crappy and cheap...and this was a perfect job for a crappy and cheap staple gun:
My four dollar purchase (including staples) allowed me to finish the job:
So while I am glad that I could start this job, I have not yet started the other cabinets  Another day, another cabinet!

1 comment:

  1. I love Harbor Freight...tools on my budget. haha At least your shelves come out...that makes it much easier to line them. Ours do not, but fortunately Justine's mom did all of ours while she was in town one weekend.

    On that note, the next time you are in town I will officially be living in the rental house :) Move in date is next weekend, finally! So Lucy will have a place to visit with no other scary dogs. lol

    ReplyDelete