Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Run for the Warriors!

So my Biomedical Sciences Final is Tuesday, but that didn't stop Chris and I from having a little fun this weekend and supporting a good cause. This past Sunday we ran a 5k for Hope for the Warriors
 And here is a pre-race snap shot of the two of us:
Yea, Chris looks pretty happy here, but he isn't a runner, and after about the first mile, he wasn't a happy camper. I stuck with him and tried to keep him running...you know like a good girlfriend. So we finally get to the finish, me having not left his walking butt far behind, and he sprints the last 15 feet so he can beat me by a second...hmph! So he can have bragging rights, but its alright because he is super sore and I definitely had more fun. I am hoping (rather futilely) that he will want to do more runs with me in the future. I have even put the race numbers up on the fridge to encourage him:
Even though I feel another 5k for both of us might have to wait a year until this one comes up again (Chris said he will only run for soldiers and puppies...a man of diverse loves). The race did have some good swag including a shirt and tickets to the Rutgers vs UConn blackout game in two weeks:
Needless to say, Chris is more excited about that couples activity than about running. I'm feeling pretty inspired though and I'm even entertaining the thought of running the Pittsburgh Marathon in May...good thing I have a ton of time before I have to decide on that one. 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. I would have been on the same page as Chris for all of that. And to think that you suggested I run the Pittsburgh Marathon in May - hahah

    ReplyDelete