Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Ewww to New

So one of the charms of this late 1960's home is that we have a bathroom in each of the awesome colors that mark that decade, pink, blue, and yellow. The master bath has the honor of being the yellow bathroom.
With the compact size and the sunny color it does remind me of a certain Beatles song about a sea faring vessel, but I think it will look much better (and bigger) once I take down the heavily patterned red wall paper. I am a lover of red, but it is not the complement to a yellow bathroom. I am actually envisioning a grey when I do get around to taking down the wall paper...it's on my list, just further down. Well, my other big complaint with this bathroom would be the icky grout:
Eww! The grout was so old that it wasn't really grout, but more like a sponge...which is gross. It made me shutter to think about it. There was no amount of bleach and tilex that was taking these spots out, and believe me I tried. So I guess I complained sufficiently for Chris to take on the task of removing all of the old grout and putting new (non-porous) grout in. Here is an action shot:
Notice, that while Chris and I often disagree, we both share a love for copious amounts of bleach...probably what makes this relationship work. He scrapped off all the old grout, bleached it, bleached it again, and then we waited for it to completely dry out:
After he was sure that it was ready for the new grout, he did it. Yay!
So fresh and so clean. It does make the shower look even more yellow, but that really can't be helped. I am just happy that the whole thing feels cleaner.  This was a good week for Chris doing things around the house, which is good because with my final, I did next to nothing this week on the house. That being said, I have high hopes for this weekend as we transition from summer to fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment