Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Medical School Update: October

So I mentioned that I had my "Biomedical Sciences" final last Tuesday. Well the results are in and I am happy to report that I have passed my first med school class. Woo!

I can't believe that it is already October and the start of a new unit as of last Thursday. Yup, there was all of one day off - But I think I made the most of it - more on that later. This unit is "Structure and Function." The way the classes are arranged we have 3 blocks this year, each with two classes. So Biomedical Sciences and Structure and Function make up the Foundations of Medicine block.

This is a change from the traditional medical school structuring where there were many classes that were ongoing. They have mushed it all into one big class with many different components. For example, this new unit includes a bit of gross anatomy, histology, and embryology - among others. It is nice because it means both less testing and a better integration of the material. 

So back to slaving away at new material. There is a bit of a break until our next exam - October 25, but it is a two day exam with a written test, anatomy practical, and a histology exam...and that is only the midterm. 

1 comment: